Friday, December 19, 2008

Holiday Deals

I'm a bit overwhelmed at the sales these days. It just feels like the question these days is not "are you having a sale?" Rather "how good is your sale?" And free shipping is a default assumption.

I went to a favorite store, Anthropology, with a specific item in mind and found myself accosted by racks of clothes that filled half the store..all deeply discounted. The better part of my loot was 50% off.

To name a few recent discounting retailers that have helped to overwhelm me: Banana Republic, Gap, J Crew, American Eagle Outfitters, Bloomingdales, Macys, and even high end retailers like Saks and Nordstrom. Emails and store signs and mailers...it's so hard to resist!!

Gap was selling all sweaters at $25 one day, then all gloves, scarves, and hats for $10 another day. Saks has some serious mark downs on designer labels, though it's all far beyond what I'm willing to spend. And I just discovered that Kate Spade (oh, their lovely handbags!!) is offering 30% off of everything on their website, excluding jewelry.

Yikes!!

Have you found any good deals out there?

0 comments: