Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Toddler Lunches Lead to...

I've been on the hunt for preschools for MetaBoy. Ugh!! More on that later.

In my search, I've discovered that I will likely have to send him off to school with a lunch. And while that prospect of getting everyone up and out by 8:30 is daunting, the threat of having to do that while providing him with a nutritious yet yummy lunch is...GASP!!

So, I've been looking around for hints and ideas. And it struck me. I didn't think I'd be doing this so early. I didn't think I'd have to be making him a lunch to have away from me until he was at least 5, possibly later. He's not even 3 yet, and here I am debating pasta salads. We're getting ready to send him off to have a daily meal away from me. I thought I'd have had more time to enjoy all of his meals :-o

Then, it occurred to me that in the not too distant future, I'll be sending MetaGirl off to her little classes with her little lunches.

It's all just to much to bear. We're practically empty nesters!!

At which point MetaDaddy pulled me back into reality by reminding me that we've only really had one hour of quiet away from the two. We couldn't be anything farther from empty nesters.

Touche.

But still.

*Sigh*

1 comments:

Kathryn said...

I definitely cried way more than Ellie the first time I had to leave her at pre-school! Love this post!