Sunday, July 5, 2009

Busy Times

It feels like I haven't been here in ages! As I can see from the date of my prior post, my feeling is indeed accurate. That said, if you're ever wondering what I'm up to, just follow me on Twitter. I'm more likely to update there than here these days since it's easier to post 140 characters than a full blog post. I can be so wordy sometimes!!

We've been busy lately. MetaDaddy had to go away for a week on business, which left me to care for the kids...alone. OMG!!! I don't know how single parents do it. I had the two for one week without the stress of having to go to work, and I was run off my feet. Both are at such a different, yet demanding age.

MetaBoy is constantly learning, asking, playing, running, eating, drinking, taking, pushing, reaching, watching...and so on. He just never stops. Which is why I really love nap time and I hope he does, too...for at least another couple of years.

MetaGirl is a completely different challenge. She crawls, cruises, reaches, peaks, wiggles, climbs, escapes, chews, all the while grinning like a Cheshire cat. She is in constant need of attention, and beams with delight when she gets it. The flip side is that she scowls, and might even cry, if she doesn't get it. As for her eating habits, ugh. I could feed MetaBoy anything with a spoon. She will not eat anything off a spoon. In fact, I've had to come up with a completely new food regimen for her because everything I learned with MetaBoy is wasted on her.

Between meals, playing, non-overlapping naps (not by choice, I promise), and the rare errand, I hardly had time to sleep...much less play on my computer. Sad, but true :-(

This past and coming week are busy with other new and exciting things for MetaBoy. He is attending some fun classes and meeting new friends. As such, things are still busy and chaotic for everyone else. And then, MetaDaddy has to go away on business again for another week! Eek!!

At this rate, July is going to fly by. I find that bittersweet. On the one hand, it'll be nice to have stressful things out of the way. But on the other hand, I like savoring the little moments when MB takes me to the kitchen and insists that we dance. Or when MG looks up, sees me, and grins like someone's just made her day. You just don't want to let those little things get tangled and forgotten amongst the dry cleaning and groceries.

0 comments: