Thursday, July 3, 2008

Andy Rooney: Women over 40

I like Andy Rooney. He's grumpy, like me. That said, I'm grumpier these days.

It doesn't help when I see someone driving and talking on a cell phone, even though it's been banned in California as of July 1, 2008.

It also doesn't help that I'm officially running hot these days. I'm the kind of person who wears a sweater when it's 80 degrees out. I was born and raised in Los Angeles. I yam what I yam. The last time I was pregnant, I would drive to work at 7AM (~65 F), and find myself opening all of the car windows in a desperate attempt to cool off. I went from hating my desk under the vent, to asking if the air could be adjusted colder. Now, I find myself second-guessing if MetaToddler is hot or cold because I can't trust my comfort level any more. I also find myself using a lot more sunscreen because I'm exposing myself to the sun more than usual. And despite that, I still have a watch tan. Blagh.

But I digress. My point is Andy Rooney is fun because he's as grumpy as a pregnant woman in the middle of a Los Angeles summer. Need proof? Here's a great description of what Andy Rooney thinks about women over 40.

It starts...

"A woman over 40 will never wake you in the middle of the night and ask, 'What are you thinking?' She doesn't care what you think."

...and it goes on from there.

0 comments: