Friday, July 25, 2008

PhotoStory Friday: You Call Those Toys?!?

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek


So as MetaToddler's birthday approaches, I'm sure he'll get some gifts. Since I'm debating birthday party ideas, and I'm hoping to follow through with a party of some sort (cross your fingers for us), that's all the more reason to expect gifts. We just have to time it right so that he gets a party, preferably before M2 arrives. Eep!!

With gifts on my mind, I'm reminded of my prior inclination against an abundance of cheap, plastic toys. I've mentioned reasons why here and here, and a few alternate gift ideas here.

As time goes by, I'm only more and more convinced that he doesn't need the big, plastic, fancy, flashing, noise-makers. Why do I say that? Here are a couple of his favorite toys these days.


A red plastic box that his Lego-like bricks came in. The box is usually empty, so he climbs on it, wears it like a hat to play peek-a-boo (usually resulting in walking into walls, as in the photo), rides it like a fire truck, etc. Other times, he fills it with toys, empties it, fills it, empties it, and so on.


And his other favorite? Empty cardboard containers that he wears on his head like a crown. At those times, we refer to him as King MetaToddler.

3 comments:

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Cute! Love the "hats"!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

All hail to King Meta Toddler! Man he just melts my butter Meta! Our second birthday is approaching as well and I'm facing the same dilemna. I did break down and buy a Little People's Garage that I am pretty sure will be a hit...OR completely disliked. It could go either way. :)

This was great!

Cecily R said...

You know, the cardboard box is in the toy hall of fame. Along with very few others. The greats like Legos and Tinkertoys. Clearly Meta Toddler agrees with that idea.

The pictures are perfect. Fabulous PSF!!