Friday, July 4, 2008

PhotoStory Friday: Santa Monica Parade

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek


We don't get some things here in Santa Monica. Parades are one of those things. I guess someone figured that we needed to partake in parade season. So for the second year in a row, the Annual Santa Monica Fourth of July Parade. MetaDaddy led the way with MetaToddler, and we got lost in the fray, so I didn't get to see the wee little reactions. But I know they were probably entertaining. I mean, the kid goes nuts when he sees a mee maw (i.e., fire truck) driving quietly down the street. Nevermind when the sirens are blaring.

On that note, our humble little parade.


That Santa Monica tractor being put to good use again.


And the requisite Prius for all Santa Monica events. Sometimes, I think there are more Priuses than residents in Santa Monica.


And of course, no parade is complete without a "mee maw."

Hope you all had a great July 4th!

7 comments:

Cecily R said...

I have to admit, parades were not my favorite for the longest time. But seeing them through my kids' eyes make them worth it. And seeing them through other people's eyes is really nice too. Great shots! FAB PSF!

Happy 4th and thanks for playing with us this week!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Ya gotta have a parade for the 4th! Hope ya had a great day!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

That's it. I want to move to Santa Monica. The prius as Grand Marshal? BRILLIANT!

Anonymous said...

Cool! I think my cousin was at this parade, she lives in Venice. Such a small world!

Hope you had a terrific time ;)

Anonymous said...

Tractors and firetrucks, that's about all you need for a good parade. Well, than and a football game.

scrappysue said...

hi there! thanks for visiting my blog. i saw a 4th of july parade in a small town back in 2003 - it was awesome! i am sooooooooo over the cold, but i DO sympathise with you. my last child was born in january (in the middle of OUR summer). i was so uncomfortable lol

Pdyrholm said...

very nice parade :-) and you got sunshine too :-)

Santa Monica. Now there is another place I haven't been to. I for one would love to see more photos of the area and all the details "normal" tourists don't see :-)