Thursday, June 26, 2008

PhotoStory Friday: Tractors in Los Angeles

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek


City girl that I am, I've never seen certain things.

I've seen cows, sheep, donkeys, etc. up close, but not until I was well past 20.

Although I vaguely remember seeing goats, chickens, ducks, etc. at a petting zoo when I was 8, they freaked me out.

Tractors, ploughs, combine harvesters (which make their way into many toddler picture books, btw) were as rare in my world as the Loch Ness monster. Mythological creatures, if you will.

This past week, I saw my first tractor in action. No, we didn't visit a tractor showroom. Nor did we visit Iowa. We just went down to the beach. Unfortunately, the photo was taken with my phone, so the tractor is teeny tiny. But it's there, I promise!!



On that note, more sand tractors, or proof thereof:

Someone else's sand tractor

One of the cuter sand tractors

Sand tractor tracks

9 comments:

Cecily R said...

Just the other day I was behind a very ssslllooowww tractor for several miles. That was a day when I would rather NOT have seen one...

But I totally understand that feeling when you see something in person that you've only seen in books. I sort of love that feeling myself!!

Great PSF! Thanks so much for participating this week!!!

Alex @ I'm the Mom said...

Ah that's awesome!!!!!! Congrats on seeing your first tractor in the city!!

Anonymous said...

It looks kind of cool being way back there. Kind of like a "What's wrong with this shot" sort of deal where I'm supposed to find the thing that normally wouldn't be there.

The Apron Queen said...

Looks like fun to me! :D

Pop over & see my interview with a diva, Miss Dragonfly: http://anapronaday.blogspot.com/2008/06/interview-with-miss-dragon-fly.html

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

A tractor in the sand! Come read my tractor story.....

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Oh girl, I wish you'd come and visit. You'd see tractors at the Wal-Mart. Okay, not REALLY - but almost. This was a hoot and I love how I had to search for it like a WHERES WALDO! Thanks for playing PSF Meta!

Supercool Hotmama said...

Always a thrill!

MetaMommy said...

Interesting. I hadn't caught the "Where's Waldo" aspect myself, but it's totally there!

Robyn said...

That looks so odd seeing a tractor on the beach, maybe because we're surrounded by farms here. Great shot.