Saturday, June 21, 2008

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow

MetaDaddy's been threatening to shave off his goatee for a while now. Something about not liking the recent natural "changes." He's had the goatee for as long as I've known him, so it's hardly something I suspect he'll follow through on. I've been threatening to cut my hair mega-short, but I'm hardly going to.

I was looking at older pictures of us recently, and I realized how much shorter his goatee has gotten over the years. In fact, it's hardly more than a shadow these days. I told him I was on to his little trick, and to stop being cheeky. But it's there for now, which is good for keeping the status quo.

So, I was upstairs tidying up in the kitchen. I came downstairs to help make our bed. MetaToddler was off playing in his room. We're chatting away, then I look at the man across from me and scream "ACK!" as a bounced back in horror. Thoughts running through my head:

This sounds like my husband.

He's saying things my husband would say.

He's wearing my husband's Hawaiian shirt.

But who the hell is this guy?!?

"What did you do!!" Breathe. Breathe. Breathe.

He said he could grow it back in a couple of days, but that's hardly better. I need to know where we stand here. To goatee or not to goatee? That is the question. I can't have a goatee here today, but not tomorrow. I need more stability than that. This is not helping my nesting instinct!!

OK, it's not so bad. But seriously, I couldn't look at him for a while. It was too weird. It looks like him, but with a pale area in the center of his face. I'm slowly adjusting, but it might take some time before I can look at him without feeling like he looks a little naked.

I'm just saying.

0 comments: