Friday, June 20, 2008

PhotoStory Friday: Smart Cars


Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek

When we were in Europe a few years back (my, how time flies), we saw a lot of cool things. Old building, castles, towers. Had great food, met nice people, traveled the various metros. All good stuff. But it's the little things that really make you say "OMG, can you believe that?"

I kept seeing the Smart car. I've been hearing about it a lot more lately, and seen my fair share here in Santa Monica. There's even a dealership in Venice, just down the road. It's a small car, hence it gets great gas mileage. That said, it's a small car, so I'm hardly interested in driving Los Angeles freeways in it. When there's an accident, it's a doozy.

But I digress. It's not the miles per gallon, fun colors, lack of trunk space, or comedic size that caught my eye. It's the fact that it can be parked in non-existent parking spaces. Abso-lutely Awesome!!!

7 comments:

Upward Falling Autumn said...

Haha, awesome!! I want one!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

That car is smart gas-wise, but EVERY time I see one I instantly smile because they look so darn funny to me. If ONLY I could fit a toddler and a 90 pound golden retriever in one of those things!Thanks for playing PSF Meta, your entries are ALWAYS my faves.

Anonymous said...

If the other cars can still get out, then it's cool. Otherwise, that's just mean.

My girlfriend's family was thinking about getting one. I can't remember exactly why they decided not to, but I think it was something to do with the cost of the car not offsetting the cost of gas well enough.

Working Mum said...

I'd love a Smart Car, but with only two seats husband says it wouldn't be practical when his is in for servicing. May try for a Mini Cooper instead. Who says small cars can't be cool?

Cecily R said...

They look like the cars I used to draw for my son when he was little and he'd beg me to draw for him. And I am NO ARTIST.

But they can park on a piece of paper and get great gas mileage. Who am I to judge??

Great PSF!! So glad you are playing this week!

Robyn said...

LOL. When we were in europe I thought the same thing. I wondered how they fit anything in them, but you could park them anywhere.

United Studies said...

Ah yes, I saw lots of these in Paris! I was amazed at how they flew through the traffic. Yet, I could not see myself driving across town in one of those.