Sunday, June 8, 2008

Juno on Apple TV

Despite feeling very Juno these days, I haven't seen the movie yet.

I know, I know. Shocking.

The thing is, we got an Apple TV recently. It's a fun gadget, but it didn't come with a cable. So MetaDaddy hijacked the DVD player's cable, which now doesn't work as a result. And he's away for the next few days, so I can't watch DVDs. So much for Netflix. I can, however, rent a movie on iTunes. Excellent, Smithers.

And so, I did. It's $4, downloads in no time, and you have 30 days to start watching it. Once you start watching it, you have 24 hours to finish. You can pause, forward, rewind, etc. No extras, but honestly, I never watch the extras. Well, I seldom do.

Very convenient, easy, and spontaneous. Netflix is great, but there's nothing spontaneous about it. And given where I'm at these days, it's nice to feel spontaneous. Apple does need a bigger selection. It's minuscule. Perfect for us though because we haven't seen movies in years! Ah, the joys.

As for the movie, it was cute. Juno and I are nothing alike, and yet I found myself relating to her completely with regards to the "getting bigger" part. After all, we're about the same size...which means we're both planets (and cranky) once the 8-9 month thing comes around (clip). For the record, I'm almost 7 months.

Incidentally, the ultrasound technician in the movie is...well, I don't buy her 'tude. Every UT I've been to has been super sweet. I figure it's the nature of their job. All they see are women giddy to see their little blob with fingers, toes, and a paunchy little belly. And I've seen a lot, lot, lot of UTs. I've had 5 so far. I think I had about 7 or 8 with MetaToddler. My obstetrician is a bit of a control freak. More on that later ;-)

The soundtrack is pretty fun, too. I had to buy it when I sampled it because Boogie started dancing around. Any excuse to see him spin in circles to a beat. If only everything was this easy.

Le sigh.

0 comments: