Monday, June 23, 2008

Parents Say the Darndest Things

Things we never quite thought we'd say.

"No, you can't have any wine. Or beer."
--In general, I don't think either of us thought we'd be limiting anyone's alcohol intake. Especially for a toddler. What is it about MetaDaddy's glass that looks so much more enticing than his own?

"Take your shoe out of your mouth."
--Daily.

"Are you stinky?"
--Do I really have to break this one down?

"Take the bird out of your mouth."
--They're life-sized wooden birds. He calls them "bee bee" (birdie) in that high pitched voice. He kisses them. He loves them. Sometimes, he loves them too much.

"A clue! A clue!!"
--Blue's Clues. And no, not just around the toddler.

I'm sure your every day life is different to ours. Any fun moments?

2 comments:

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Sadly (or maybe not so sadly), I got each and every one of those. Today I found myself saying stop drinking the dog water. Sigh. That aint' right. :)

MetaMommy said...

Oh, I can see this one doing that. I swear it's the hardest part...trying to keep them from making themselves sick on things. Imagine life without childproof locks!!