Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Stuff I love: MD Skincare

Generally speaking, there are very few beauty products or regimens I have the time or patience for. I don't like the touchy feely aspect of facials. I'm not one to wear makeup, so it's kept to a minimum. I've had friends ask if I wear make-up at all. Indignantly, I always answer "yes,"though I do begrudgingly admit to having quite a light hand. The thing is, I have oily skin, so historically I've avoided makeup to avoid breakouts. Besides that, I have big eyes, so I don't see the need to add attention with eyeliner and such. As a result, the only thing I know to do with an eyeliner pencil is write notes on paper.

Yes, it's all wasted on me.

However, because I've struggled with my complexion and breakouts over the years, I know most products don't work. And I hate wasting my time and money on empty promises. I did find one that I really liked though. MD Skincare Alpha Beta Daily Face Peel. I swear it was well more effective than a pricey facial, with much less time and money committed. It's a bit pricey, so I tend to only use it if I have some sort of "gotta look good" commitment coming up, or if I really feel I need a pick me up, but I think it's a great rescue treat. Of course I could use a rescue treat these days, but I won't until after August. Le sigh.

Nice gift to someone. Or to yourself for that matter. And it's currently on sale with Hydra-Pure Redness Soothing Serum, which I can't vouch for because I've never used it. The regular price for the Face Peel is $75, but the MD Skincare website has both for $85. You can also get 25% off from Daily Candy if you use code MDCANDY08 at checkout. That said, it's also available at department stores, so have your pick.

I know I sound like an ad, but I wasn't paid for this. I just really like the results of the product, and I was reminded in hearing about their sale.

And if you're into that whole thing, they also currently have a discount code for Stila products (free shipping using code STILACANDY).

After all Mother's Day is just around the corner ;-)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm... yea so I love your blogs...all the ones about food and stuff...until I got to the one about MD skincare product!! If you are going to promote a product about skincare maybe you should promote the FABULOUS FACIALS at The WELLNESS SPA in Culver City where your very good friend JEANNINE works!!! Facials with well trained professionals are WELL worth the time and the money!!! Any long term use of an overly priced, overly drying, chemical laden, harsh over-the- counter product will result in a negative result guaranteed!!! Eventually you will start noticing dry patches, more oil production, dull looking skin or even hyper-pigmentation... when that occurs then call a real skin care therapist and HOPE they can reverse the damage! Besides... ESTHETICIANS need to make money so they can go to lunch with their friends, make car notes, and live decently, but when you say things like facials arent worth the time or the money... and you promote over the counter products when you admittedly arent even into beauty, make up and cosmetics... you could cause some damage to THE economy (especially of your friend Jeannine at The Wellness Spa)!! Sooo come ON... if you like MD skincare stuff for yourself... fine..use it until things listed above begin to occur! BUT...cant you keep some things to yourself??? To mak eup for this bad blog... could do another blog statement on the good things about going to a local spa (such as www.thewellnessspa.com in Culver City) things like how it's convenient, the prices are very reasonable, the services are very good.. and getting regular facials over time will prevent wrinkles, sagging skin, un-even tone and age spots...or getting regular body massages are good for the mind, body and spirit! Or the summer is coming and how about removing that unwanted body hair...??!!! How about encouraging people to spend their economy stimulus cash on spa treatments...this way EVERYONE benefits!!! The spa people dont end up homeless and eating cat food..and the individual gets to feel and look fabulous... stimulating the economy, blood circulation, fresh skin AND also healthy well being!!!???