Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Pain of Sign Language

My back is hurting something awful these days, and it all comes back to sign language.

Let me explain.

MetaToddler's favorite signs are "up" and "down." He wants up onto his high chair because he wants lunch. He wants down because he's finished. He wants up on the sofa, and he still doesn't know that he can actually climb up himself. I'm not excited to fill him in on that one, honestly. He gets down on his own, but only to whine about getting back up again. And again. And again.

I like reinforcing his understanding of sign language, so I have obliged. However, I think he now knows what up and down are, and my back and I are weakly crying uncle to the teensy little head of household.

2 comments:

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

I believe this calls for a DOH!

MetaMommy said...

Ooo! That makes me want a Doh-nut!!

Thanks MamaGeek!