Saturday, May 24, 2008

Getting Big, Amusing the Masses

I'm getting big.

I've only gained about 10-12 pounds, but it's all in my belly area, so it's wreaking havoc on my posture. In turn, my back is suffering, as is my sleep. I'm pretty sure REM sleep is a thing of the past for me.

But ah...3 more months of quiet left. Treasure the peace...treasure the peace.

So my doctor asks if people are commenting on how big I'm getting? No, but thanks for letting me know how you feel. At my last appointment, she figured I was on track size-wise. I asked her how I compared to my last pregnancy, and she said "about the same." I gained 35 pounds last time. Oh, I so hope I don't get that big again. I feel huge now, and I look back at pictures when I was 8-9 months pregnant last time, and I wasn't huge...I was gi-normous!!

I'm going to be a circle.

And metatoddler just likes pointing and laughing at my ever-expanding middle. Glad mommy's amusing you, sweetie :-P

Another thing I've realized is that if I wear a t-shirt, I look big, but that's to be expected. However, if I wear a loose top, I look way, way bigger. It reminded me of a tip I heard on What Not to Wear. If you wear something tight, it hugs your curves. If you wear something really loose, it looks like a tent. So the next time I want sympathy, I'm totally wearing the tent. Until, of course, nothing fits me except the tent. I'm sure that day is not far off.

OK, ice cream time. TTFN.

2 comments:

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

I Often think about you and how you must be RELISHING that 'quiet time'. I'm so excited for you!

Now go rest and eat that ice cream!

Anonymous said...

so funny how quickly you forget the belly! it's only been nine months for me and already i can't quite remember it... you're still in the "pretty pregnant" phase! enjoy!