Monday, September 3, 2007

Modern Major Googler


Everyone knows the Pirates of Penzance, right? The Gilbert & Sullivan opera with the oh-so-catchy tunes like the Major General's Song, which you've likely heard at some point in your travels. Well, here's some silliness...Lauren Weinstein wrote and a parody entitled I Am the Very Model of a Modern Major Googler. Any guesses on the topic? A hint...it's dedicated to Google employees everywhere.

Excerpt:
My cubicle is more like home than my apartment quite a bit,
But with junk food and drinks for free, why would I ever want to quit?
In short, in matters algorithmic, technical, and frugal-er,
I am the very model of a modern major Googler.
Check out his website for lyrics and an audio performance. It's good, silly fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

MetaMommy,

Thanks for the reference to "Modern Major Googler"...

However, I might note that I'm a he, not a she. One would hope that hearing m!

In any case, thanks again.

--Lauren--

MetaMommy said...

Oops! Sorry about that, Lauren. Corrected. And thanks for the song...it's great!