Friday, September 14, 2007

Recipe: Minty Lime Cooler

Every now and then, the Border Grill sets up a stand at the Santa Monica Farmers' Market. I always feel spoiled when they do. So despite the toddler, stroller, and vast amounts of food I'm usually juggling as I head back to the car, I always manage to make a pit stop. They usually have a few tasty desserts, one or two delicious meals like a tamale or lime chicken tostada, and they always have their minty lime cooler. It's refreshing combination of flavors gives me a renewed sense of energy. You can feel the flecks of mint, small enough to give you a crisp burst with each sip. I went online and found this recipe. I tried it, and it's pretty spot on. You can blend (I used a stick blender) the lime, sugar, and mint beforehand, though don't keep it too long since the mint won't fare well. When you're in the mood, give it a good shake and dole it out with some sparkling water.

Border Grill’s Minty Lime Cooler Recipe
This recipe serves: 2
Preparation time: 10 minutes

Ingredients
1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed mint leaves
1 12-ounce bottle sparkling water
lime slices, for garnish
mint sprigs, for garnish

Cooking Instructions
1. Combine the lime juice, sugar and mint in a blender. Puree until smooth.
2. Fill 2 tall glasses half-full with ice cubes. Pour half of the lime juice concentrate in each. Top with sparkling water, garnish with lime and mint and serve.

0 comments: