Saturday, September 29, 2007

Why Have I Been So Tired?

Oh, I've been so tired lately. Sleepy, sleepy, sleepy. Usually, if I get a few hours of uninterrupted sleep, I can at least cope through the day. But I just can't seem to find the energy to do more the the basic necessities these days.

Last night didn't help since after going to sleep, MetaBaby woke up at 9, 11 and 2:30. We threw out some theories, including teething and gas, but in the end, we were clueless. This morning, the culprit reared its ugly head. The kid has a cold. This also explains my exhaustion. It seems that I, too, have a cold. It's the kind that makes you tired, a little congested, and clouds your head a bit...nothing too bad, but enough to confuse and confound. It's the 3rd cold he's had; once at 3 months, 6 months, and now at 13 months. We had a good healthy stretch there. But he's touching more public things now that he's walking, and his hands still tend to make their way into his mouth pretty often. There's only so much I can protect him from.

*le sigh*

So our poor little Boogie is plagued with a runny nose and some cranky pants. I just hope he finally settles down and naps.

1 comments:

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Oh man, I'm feeling your pain. When baby doesn't sleep nobody sleeps. When baby doesn't feel good, nobody feels good. I hope you all feel better soon and get some sleep!