Monday, September 24, 2007

Thick, Flowing Locks

It doesn't always look it, but I have pretty thick and heavy hair. When I see a new hairdresser, they usually gasp at the quantity of hair. I once went to a Super Cuts type place, and the stylist actually got a bit annoyed at me because she suggested I didn't use any conditioner. I assured her that if I hadn't used any conditioner, she would not have gotten the comb into my flowing locks.

How much hair is too much? I washed and towel dried it as best I could. It was a warm day. Five hours later, dry. Mind you, my hair is currently just above my shoulder, so when it was long (i.e., half way down my back), drying was an all day affair.

How much hair is too much? When it gets long, I can't put it in a pony tail because no rubber band, clip, or other device invented can keep it from sagging like an elephant's butt. High pony tails are just not an option.

How much hair is too much? I woke up one morning and found a clip in my hair. I have no idea how long it was there.

3 comments:

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Oh I can relate to this too...

I swear to you I have the same problem and my hairdresser continually sings it praise while I disagree (because it is damp all day long if I don't blowdry it). I keep it back alot these days - frumpy and lovin' it!

MetaMommy said...

Ooo...frumpy. I dig that. There's only so much you can do with uncooperative hair, and mine's become so much wavier and chaotic after pregnancy. Now that I have less time to deal with it, nature ups the ante. This is a cruel joke, nature...cruel joke.

ChiefFamilyOfficer said...

LOL! I have a lot of hair too and I think I've found random bobby pins in the past :)

P.S. One of my friend's sisters had straight hair before pregnancy, then had curly hair after her first kid was born, and ended up with straight hair again after menopause.