Monday, December 3, 2007

Legend of the Fall

Note: I thrive on puns.

It's hard running after a toddler. The jumping, the bouncing, the peeking, the arching...and the screaming from MetaMommy every time there's a near-miss.

There's a loud thump in the living room...wait for it...wait for it...no crying. We're safe.

Climbing the stairs, he sits to read a book. Don't worry, I caught him.

Walking across the clutter-free living room...stress-free...THUMP...wait for it....wait for it...WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!

How is it that of all the things that I've worried about since he's started walking, it's the simple act of carefree walking that resulted in his first bloody fall? His little teeth cut his lip. After a few cuddles and some cleaning, he was fine. He was sucking on his lip a bit, but he was smiling and playing again.

When he woke up this morning, he was fine. Well, except for the swollen purple lip and the traces of blood on his sheet. Let me tell you, every time I see that little lip, I have to give him a ridiculous hug. I'm sure he's wondering what's wrong with "mamamamamamama," but he's sweet enough to let me keep hugging him.

Now that that's out of the way, no more fall, right? Right!?!

1 comments:

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Hopefully right. Poor MetaBaby! You're so right though, who'd a thunk that? I can just hear him say mamamamama. My son does that too and it gets me every time.

I'm hoping that purple lip is healed in no time. Until then, enjoy the cuddle time.