Saturday, November 24, 2007

A Beach, A Book, and A Pie

A day filled with interesting novelties for us.
  • Went for a walk on the beach and actually walked on sand. It was too cold for us to get in the water, though that didn't stop local surfers from taking the challenge. Instead, we scurried up and down the sand with our camera. Once MetaBaby got used to walking on the wettish sand, he was running and giggling like a pro.

  • I'm in the groove of my bookclub book, Middlesex. After having it on our "maybe" list for years, we finally gave in. It's a great read, and I'm at that stage where it's hard to put it down. In another lifetime, I'd be staying up until the crack of dawn to finish it.

  • We made Nigella Lawson's Chicken Pot Pie. It wasn't quite express as far as I'm concerned, but it was really tasty. In terms of prep, we only had to chop the bacon, mushrooms, chicken, and coat the chicken in a flour & thyme mixture. Honestly, the hardest part was managing to get the puff pastry on the ready dish.
Don't you love weekends?

1 comments:

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Wow, that sounds fantastic. I can't imagine being able to walk along the water like that. It sounds AMAZING. I DO love weekends too. Hope you and your family had a nice Thanksgiving Meta.