Sunday, November 4, 2007

A Wedding in L.A.

What a great time to have your wedding. A friend got married last night, the weekend daylight savings ends. That extra hour to recover from last night's festivities was much appreciated. I suspect MetaMommy had one too many glasses of wine...a total of 2. Essentially, I was really, really tired last night. So much so that MetaDaddy found himself helping get MetaBaby back to sleep after his 2 A.M. wake-up (MetaBaby's, that is). Generally, I do it. But this was a weekend (i.e., no work the following morning), and I could hardly move, so I didn't feel compelled to say "no, no...I'll do it."

The wedding was lovely. It was at our impressive Los Angeles cathedral. Once the ceremony ended, we walked across a courtyard for the cocktail hour, followed by the reception. The priest joked that nowhere else in Los Angeles provides the opportunity to park, pray, eat, drink, and dance all in the same venue. Also impressive was that it held what felt like around 300 of the couple's nearest and dearest. Turns out, that's a lot of people. I'm just glad I wasn't in the kitchen...musta been craaaaaaaaaaazy!!

So Congratulations to the couple! And to all of us who are recovering with the aid of that beautiful, extra hour.

(Can you tell this is my favorite day of the year?)

1 comments:

K&D said...

I realize I'm a couple months late on this post, but I never knew you had a blog! You need to stop constantly talking about food... it makes me hungry. Thanks for the shout-out! :-)