Monday, August 13, 2007

Baby Boogie

I have a strange habit of creating new nicknames for no particular reason. My cat had dozens of them. And now, I'm calling our son all sorts of strange pet names (e.g., bear, monkey, poopy pants). He answers to his real name (when he's not too busy), so my habit hasn't slowed his progress in any particular way. His most recent name is Boogie. I'm not sure if it's because he likes to boogie when the music's on or if it's because it seems he always has a boogie on his face. Either way, it feels cute, so it stuck. For me, not my husband. He thinks I'm nuts. It probably doesn't help that I've started calling him BoogieDaddy.

In keeping with character, Boogie's most recent trick is to stick his finger up his nose. Sometimes I hear him while he's whining and think "he sounds muffled." He does...because there's a finger in his nose.

This is going to be fun.

0 comments: