Sunday, August 19, 2007

Crafts with Jars

I'm not one to keep empty jars, though I have started to recently. In looking to stop using the convenient plastic tupperware I've come to rely on, I've found that empty jars serve as small, cheap storage containers for leftovers in the fridge. At some point, I won't have room for more, though. So what to do with all of those jars?

This site lists some great ideas of how to use small jars for craft projects, the most fascinating of which I find to be a snow globe. You do need a couple of potentially uncommon items, however, like a glue gun and florist clay. But if that doesn't sound like a challenge to you, this might be right up your alley. I'm going to have to consider whether or not I really want a glue gun. Sounds like a level of crafty beyond me. I'm more of a scissors and tape girl :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hot melt glue guns are awesome. They're cheap and they'll do a variety of gluing jobs. I think it's sorta like using white glue, but with fast cure time. You'll instantly feel more crafty.

There's two types, high temperature and low temperature. Low temperature is used for more delicate items. Some guns are dual temperature.

Not much to lose here, but there's that slight burn risk.

20% off coupons to Michaels usually come in the Sunday paper.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

This is WAY beyond my capabilities but amusing nonetheless!! ;-)

MetaMommy said...

Hmmm...you make it sound so good, I might be making a crafting trip in my near future. Thanks for the info :-)

MetaMommy said...

WWFU...who are you kidding? With geekly talents like yours, this should be right up your alley :-P