Friday, August 17, 2007

So Tired...So Very Tired

Woke up at 6:30AM in Ireland, which is 10:30PM California time. Flew here and didn't get to nap on the flight, so it's been about 22 hours. Our poor little fella was pretty tired, too. Unfortunately, since he's so bad at sleeping in busy places (e.g., lights, noise), he only had 2 half hour naps, both kicking and screaming. He had a 2 hour nap when we got home, then we woke him up for some food, and he was off to sleep again.

So tired. Trying to wait it out to go to sleep to minimize the jet lag. So I unpacked everything, did a bunch of laundry, and responded to my husbands repeated questions along the lines of "where did you get all of this energy?" It's not energy, it's momentum. Once I stop, I'll collapse.

When we arrived in Dublin, it was around noon. We all took a 2-3 hour nap when we arrived at my mother-in-law's home, and I felt much better. She was nice enough to buy food for our little guy, so I started cooking some of it. I started with fruit, then some squash, which led me to quinoa, and some lentils...and I guess I did more than I expected I would. However, I didn't realize it until my husband and the in-laws all started commenting on my energy level. I hadn't even noticed.

I think I can survive on less sleep than before parenthood.

I hope Boogie doesn't wake up too early tonight/tomorrow.

0 comments: