Wednesday, August 22, 2007

What Happens When the Power Fails

The power went out Sunday for a few hours. We went out for a nice walk only to realize it was hot out. Sure, it was only 80°F out, but I remind you that we had just acclimatized to 60° Dublin weather. So walking only served to make me cranky. It didn't help that I was hungry. But if I'm to be completely honest, I think it was #36 on this list.

When I got over my anxiety, the power came back on. Go fig.

Glad we weren't in the Valley, though. Whew!

2 comments:

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

uh-oh. hungry + tired + overheated. oh wait, this is me everyday.

i thought the weather was always beautiful out in LA! Are the fires a concern at all?

MetaMommy said...

LOL.
Santa Monica's great because it's right off the beach. The farther inland you go, however, you can start to feel some scorching heat. When you get to the Valley, however, it's usually 10° hotter when it's hot, or 10° cooler when it's cold. And a couple of times in the summer, it's not uncommon to see 100-110° for a stretch of about a week.
Icky, Sticky Mess!!