Tuesday, October 30, 2007

7 Plus 4(s) Things About Meme

What Works for Mom dared me to do 2 memes.  Who am I to back down?  No one, that's who.  So off I go.  Theoretically, I would tag 7 people.  Well how about this.  If you wanna play, then "Tag!" 

Meme #1 - 7 Unique Things
Rules for Meme #1
1. Link to your tagger and post rules.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself, some random and some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of post and list their names.
4. Let them know they were tagged by a comment on their blog

1- I like finding new music before it hits the mainstream.
2- My favorite yogurt is plain (with crunchy granola, no cinnamon!).
3- I used to eat lemons until I weaned myself off when finding out it was bad for my teeth.
4- I would never, ever, ever get a tattoo.
5- I didn't eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich until I was in my 20's.
6- My favorite childhood sandwich: peanut butter and mayonnaise.
7- Before I was 20, I never used moisturizer, which some think is unique. I did a little in my 20's. And I admit that upon hitting 30, usage has gone way up.

Meme #2 - 4 Questions & Answers
4 jobs you've had:
1- Usher
2- Cashier at a car auction
3- Personal bookkeeper
4- Accountant at a business management company (specifically, accountants for celebs)

4 movies I could watch over and over
1- When Harry Met Sally
2- The Princess Bride
3- The Sound of Music (especially as a kid)
4- Birdcage

4 tv shoes I watch
1- The Office
2- 30 Rock
3- Dr. Who (my husband's fault)
4- Monk

4 places I've lived
1- Los Angeles-the city
2- Los Angeles-the east valley
3- Los Angeles-the west valley
4- Los Angeles-the beach

4 favorite foods
1- Tortilla de patata
2- Roasted chicken
3- Cucumber salad with a tangy lemon dressing
4- Almost anything with avocado and cilantro (my version of catnip)

4 favorite colors
1- Burgundy
2- Dark green
3- Dark blue
4- Currently, oddly enough, orange (everything *baby* seems to be orange these days...I blame the manufacturers)

4 places I'd love to be right now
1- Seville, Spain
2- Paris, France
3- Kauai, Hawaii
4- Barcelona, Spain

4 names I love but could/would not use for my children
1- Boogie (short for Boogenstein)
2- Tristan (vetoed...too British)
3- Trinity (vetoed...too geeky)
4- Jesus Ignacio (nickname: Chewy Nacho) (vetoed, obviously)

2 comments:

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Oh this was funny Chewy Nacho. But you didn't eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich until your 20's? WHAT? PB and Mayo? WHAT - surely you kid? :)

MetaMommy said...

Oh, no...I'm serious. I never understood the whole PBJ thing. In fact, I only had one because I was tired of hearing about it and not being able to relate.

My grandfather was from Indiana, and he had food favorites like white bread (e.g., Wonder) dipped in plain milk as a bedtime snack, and the old time favorite peanut butter and mayo. One day, I was in my late teens and I made myself one and realized...ew. This is like eating a Buick...thick, heavy and greasy. So, I stopped and haven't looked back. Come to think of it, I didn't have a grilled cheese until a few years ago, either.

Talk about spooky!