Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Thirteen Silly Quotes


Ah, the silly things people have said over the years. Some true, all silly. Thanks for the inspiration What Works for Mom :-)
(Can you tell I find Sam Goldwyn hilarious?)

  1. I don't want any yes-men around me. I want everybody to tell me the truth even if it costs them their job.
    ~Samual Goldwyn

  2. If I look confused it's because I'm thinking.
    ~Samual Goldwyn

  3. I can give you a definite perhaps.
    ~Samual Goldwyn

  4. This music won't do. There's not enough sarcasm in it.
    ~Samual Goldwyn

  5. He hits from both sides of the plate. He's amphibious.
    ~Yogi Berra

  6. It ain't the heat, it's the humility.
    ~Yogi Berra

  7. It's like deja-vu, all over again.
    ~Yogi Berra

  8. Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded.
    ~Yogi Berra

  9. Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of us are stupider than that.
    ~George Carlin

  10. Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.
    ~Mark Twain

  11. All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.
    ~Mark Twain

  12. Windows: Just another pane in the glass.
    ~Unknown

  13. People who think they know everything are annoying to those of us who do.
    ~Unknown

16 comments:

Dallas Meow said...

NOTHING better'n a yogi-ism

bernie said...

Good list, I linked to you from mine: 13 Things Egyptian your grandchildren will never see

Anonymous said...

Hahaa..I like #2..

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Snort²

"Windows: Just another pane in the glass."

LOVE.THIS.LIST! This was a hoot to read!

Anonymous said...

Yep, agree with Mark Twain on the succes topic ;)

Happy TT!

Julia

Baba said...

Good morning and thanks for your visit to my place today..You have a great list ... Have a good day. Baba

Cynthia said...

I like #8...Great list!

Dane Bramage said...

Great list! And number 13 is so true! :P My T13 # 53 is up.
It is the 13 Tidbits of Wisdom edition!

janelle said...

I liked the Mark Twain comments.

I just love to laugh; I read a list the other day called 'how to keep a healthy level of insanity.'

It involved things like being out at lunch and ordering with seriousness a diet water... or ending every comment with 'in accordance with the High Prophesy.'

Ahhhh....

Serina Hope said...

LOL These are too funny. I live by # 13.

Anonymous said...

13 is so very true!

There was actually a person called Yogi Berra??

ZAM said...

Hahah. I love your list. Glad I cam across your blog (thru WhatWorksForMom) :D

Anonymous said...

Love #9! happy tt...

Anonymous said...

Those are really cute. I hadn't heard most of them before.

We have some awesome seasonal photos at mine if I do say so.

Anonymous said...

Samuel Goldwyn was a real gem, wasn't he? lol

Bloggers said...

What an interesting TT.