Monday, October 29, 2007

The Germiest Places in America

Funny enough, people must know me as some kind of germ-o-phobe. Well, I kind of am one, and I've only gotten worse since MetaBaby was born.

MetaDaddy and a friend, completely independent of each other, sent me a link to an article by Health titled The Germiest Places in America.

Ew. Like I didn't have enough problems, now I have to start worrying about my sink more, which I already obsess about. It really brought out my inner Monk, which honestly, is more an outtie than an innie these days.

Germs Under The Microscope
© Photographer: Madartists | Agency: Dreamstime.com

Here's a snapshot of the list, but feel free to go there if you really need to know more:
  1. Your kitchen sink - Our sink is usually empty, and I clean it often. And yet, ew.
  2. Airplane bathrooms - It's a port-a-potty in the sky.
  3. A load of wet laundry - Ya, that makes sense.
  4. Public drinking fountains - Ya, now I understand why bottled water got so popular.
  5. Shopping cart handles - Done.
  6. ATM buttons - I'm going to need more hand wipes.
  7. Your handbag - I don't care who, when or why...never put your bag on the floor in a public bathroom.
  8. Playgrounds - I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be that weird mom who cleans the jungle gym and swings. *le sigh*
  9. Mats and machines and health clubs - Obviously, this is why I don't go to the gym. I knew there was a good reason.
  10. Your bathtub - This makes sense, but I didn't need to hear it. I'm gonna have to go do some cleaning, now.
  11. Your office phone - I used to have a bottle of alcohol in my desk...for strategic wipe downs. Crazy or not, those who laughed at me also borrowed it ;-)
  12. Hotel room remote - Never trust anything in a hotel. Cross your fingers for a duvet because the covers get changed. Otherwise, just sleep without a comforter...you know why.

2 comments:

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Hmmmph, I'm starting to itch just reading that. I was reading an article where it stated the best way to minimize bringing germs into your house was by having guests take their shoes off and by keeping purses off of countertops. I carry disinfectant wipes everywhere. :|

MetaMommy said...

LOL...you're a Monk, too!