Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Halloween Costumes: Toddlers

On my mind right now? Halloween costumes for MetaBaby. This site has some great ideas for homemade costumes, and instructions on how to sew them, if applicable.

Dressing your kid in a certain color, and then painting his/her face is a safe and easy option. For example, dressing a kid in black and drawing on whiskers. Or this website's suggestion for a black-eyed pea sounds hilarious:
"dress in brown from head to toe, adding eyeliner or shadow to totally blacken one eye, and finally cut a large 'P' out of construction paper then pin it to your chest."
And my all-time favorite worn by a friend way back when: Get some packaged Smarties and stitch (or otherwise adhere) them to a pair of pants. End result? Smarty Pants. The costume might not make it through the day if the smarty pants in questions gets peckish, but nothing lasts forever ;-)

2 comments:

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

ok, you're starting to freak me out. i was actually just googling easy costume ideas and saw that smarty pants one too and love it!!

BUT, I found an even easier one for my husband's obligatory team party (ugggH). putting the letter E on a male (for e-mail)! is that great or what? :)

MetaMommy said...

I laughed so loud when I read your costume idea that MetaBaby thought I was laughing at something he did, turned to laugh back at me, and toppled over.

Which only served to make me laugh more.

How about this...bunny ears and a pot of honey, which I figure could be held or simply on a t-shirt. Result: Honey Bunny.