Sunday, October 14, 2007

Getting to Know Meme

It feels like it took me forever to do this. My buddy Mom over at What Works for Us tagged me with a meme. Challenge: answer in 10 words or less. Questions...interesting but tough. In 10 words...Ack!

That said, I'm passing on the torch because I'd like to get to know you all better. Don't hate me :-)
Sabine M, Dragonheart, and Ipanema.

  1. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
    Dessert, sunshine, shady tree, and my boys.
  2. What is your greatest fear?
    Death of a loved one.
  3. Which historical figure do you most identify with?
    I try to learn from history, so..any and all.
  4. Which living person do you most admire?
    My husband - he does so much for us.
  5. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
    I should speak out more.
  6. What is the trait you most deplore in others?
    Egocentricity
  7. What is your greatest extravagance?
    Being a stay at home parent.
  8. What is your favorite journey?
    Through the farmers' market
  9. On what occasion do you lie?
    Some people just don't want the truth.
  10. What do you dislike most about your appearance?
    Those pesky gray hairs.
  11. Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
    "I'm just saying" & "Stop that please"
  12. What is your greatest regret?
    I don't believe in regrets, only learning experiences.
  13. When and where were you happiest?
    Pre-2006: Spain 2003; Post-2006: Weekends with my boys
  14. Which talent would you most like to have?
    Photographic skills
  15. If you could change one thing about your family, what would it be?
    Exchange the nuts for Kit Kats.
  16. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
    My family
  17. If you were to die and come back as a person/thing, what would it would be?
    Knowing my luck, a "tongue-for-toilet-paper" cat.
  18. If you could choose what/who to come back as, what would it be?
    The Container Store
  19. What is your most treasured possession?
    Tivo
  20. What is your favorite occupation?
    Pastry chef
  21. What is your most marked characteristic?
    Big brown eyes
  22. What is the quality that you most like in a man?
    Geeky smart, not smarty-pants smart
  23. What is the quality that you most like in a woman?
    Honestly
  24. What do you most value in your friends?
    They are my reality check.
  25. Who are your heroes in real life?
    People who do what they have to do to care for their families.
  26. What is it that you most dislike?
    When my plans are foiled. Oh, and these.
  27. How would you like to die?
    I don't want to know.
  28. What is your motto?
    When in doubt, eat chocolate.

3 comments:

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

I LOVED this. Bravo! I found myself smirking at your answers.

What is your greatest extravagance?
Being a stay at home parent.

Beautiful. Well that and your motto of course. :) Sorry for the tag (I actually avoid tagging others like the plague) but I just had to see you try to use 10 words or less. And I'm SO impressed!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

OH (excuse my wordiness), but this one I snorted over.

If you could change one thing about your family, what would it be?
Exchange the nuts for Kit Kats.

MetaMommy said...

LOL...you thought I couldn't get it out in under 10 words? Hah! Am I or am I not brilliant?!?

Don't answer that.