Sunday, July 22, 2007

Ageless Animations

On the Daily Show, Jon Stewart bought up another interesting point about the Simpsons. If Marge and Homer had Bart just out of high school, they were about 18 years old. Homer, as Jon Stewart commented, is 38 years old. Why is Bart not 18? I've seen a few different websites that suggest Homer is 36 or 39, but it stands true that Bart should be older than 10. Matt Groening figures Bart should actually be 30 at this point, but they prefer him at 10 because he's unlikely to be tried as an adult ;-)

On a similar note, how old was the Beast from Beauty and the Beast when he was cursed. In the song Be Our Guest, the line "Ten years we've been rusting" leads me to believe that the curse has been in effect for about 10 years. And as the story goes per IMDB:

"Prince Adam was cursed to a beast form by Enchantress who saw no love in his arrogant heart for others. The one way he could break the spell was to learn to love another and earn her love in return before the last petal from his enchanted rose fell, which would bloom until his twenty-first birthday."

So let me get this straight. Some enchantress cursed a 10 year old boy for being arrogant? Don't get me wrong. I'm not a fan of rude kids. But shouldn't there be some law against this?

I know, I know...just a cartoon. But I'm just saying!!

0 comments: