Monday, July 2, 2007

World's Most Expensive Cities 2007

Free Money Finance brought my attention to Mercer's recent release of stats on the world's most expensive cities. If you ask my husband, Dublin will forever be number 3 (behind London and Tokyo). This is primarily because having been raised there, he understood prices to be at a certain level. So when we visit, he's continually shocked and indignant at the cost of living. In fact, we might not be able to afford property there if we ever decide to move. Aw, shucks!

Back from my tangent, I'm sure he'll be shocked and indignant all over again to hear that Dubin ranks 16, which is actually up 2 places from 2006 when it ranked 18.

Personally, I love London, but prohibitively expensive, which means that we'll just have to have a quick visit the next time we pass through Dublin ;-) Unfortunately, we'll be going this summer for my sister-in-law's wedding (that's not the unfortunate part...we're really looking forward!). What isn't great is the current exchange rate. We're going to get creamed...again.

At least we won't be going to Moscow any time soon.

0 comments: