Tuesday, July 10, 2007

When I'm Bored, I Purge to Organize

I don't know what it is about when my husband's out of town, but I'd swear this place feels messier because I'm overcome by this overwhelming urge to organize something. Today, it was the closet in our spare room. The focus of my tirade: a box of notes from college. OMG...I can't belive I kept some of that stuff. What was Life Sciences 15, anyway?!? Funny thing is we're really not pack rats. In fact, we're quite merciless when it comes to keeping stuff. If we won't use it, it's gone. But there's an emotional connection to notes that required so much effort, concentration, and time. It took a while to finally realize that I will never...ever, ever, ever need them again. Once you can admit that to yourself, it really makes detaching so much easier. And the extra room, which we happen to need, is fabulous. Besides, when it comes to donations, I'm happier knowing someone else can use something if we know we won't.

As for today's purge, the recylcling bin is gonna be pretty full tomorrow.

0 comments: